- Israel-Hamas War: Blinken, Speaking in Israel, Gives No Hint That Cease-Fire Will Endureby The New York Times on November 30, 2023 at 8:30 PM
The U.S. secretary of state went to Israel as part of a diplomatic push to extend a tenuous truce in Gaza and try to exert some influence over the next phase of Israel’s offensive.
- Kissinger Death: Diplomat Who Long Held the Global Stage Was Both Celebrated and Reviledby The New York Times on November 30, 2023 at 8:30 PM
In a reflection of Henry Kissinger’s complicated legacy, his passing elicited sharply divergent opinions from admirers and critics.
- Why Some Korean Basketball Players Love the Bank Shotby John Yoon on November 30, 2023 at 8:24 PM
Banked free throws, an unorthodox technique, have a cult following in the Korean Basketball League.
- Kenya Curbs Kenneth Kaunda’s Famous Suitby Abdi Latif Dahir and Elizabeth Paton on November 30, 2023 at 7:29 PM
A favorite of President William Ruto, the suit was banned along with other traditional African attire for violating parliamentary dress codes. Proper attire, the speaker decreed, is a Western suit and tie.
- Henry Kissinger, Who Shaped U.S. Cold War History, Dies at 100by David E. Sanger on November 30, 2023 at 6:58 PM
The most powerful secretary of state of the postwar era, he was both celebrated and reviled. His complicated legacy still resonates in relations with China, Russia and the Middle East.
- An Alleged Plot’s Burning Question: Why Would India Take the Risk?by Mujib Mashal and Hari Kumar on November 30, 2023 at 6:39 PM
After an indictment accuses an Indian official of ordering an assassination on U.S. soil, diplomats and experts debate how far up the chain the scheme went.
- Hostages Freed From Gaza Recount Violence, Hunger and Fearby Katherine Rosman, Emma Bubola, Rachel Abrams and Russell Goldman on November 30, 2023 at 5:09 PM
Hostages who have returned to Israel in the past week have come home malnourished, ill, injured and bearing psychological wounds.
- Russia Asks Court to Label Gay Rights Movement as ‘Extremist’by Neil MacFarquhar on November 30, 2023 at 4:49 PM
Activists said the designation could put L.G.B.T.Q. people and their organizations under threat of criminal prosecution for something as simple as displaying the rainbow flag.
- Emirati Fund to Invest Billions in U.S. Firms for Climate Projectsby David Gelles on November 30, 2023 at 4:39 PM
An Abu Dhabi fund is expected to invest at least $30 billion in climate projects with some of the biggest names in North American finance.
- How a Book Publishing ‘Mistake’ Reignited the U.K.’s Royal Racism Furorby Mark Landler on November 30, 2023 at 4:38 PM
The rollout of “Endgame” caused a scandal after a quickly withdrawn translation named family members said to have asked about the skin color of Prince Harry and Meghan’s future son.